Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Oct. 22, 2009

Last night I went to the gym! When I go to the gym I go after I put our daughter to bed. That way I am going on my own time and not anyone Else's time. I am always there for my daughter when she goes to bed, And I don't leave my wife with all the stress and responsibility of watching a 3 yr old and maintaining our household. We usually put her to bed between 7:30 and 8:00. So by then as you know I am pretty tired. I have to be to work at 6:30 in the morning. So I wake up at about 5:15. So yes by then I am pretty tired so it takes alot of motivation to go to the gym. Every single time I go to the gym, I don't want to go at all! Every time I'm done I'm glad I went!

Now in my last post I said when I went to the gym I was going to do the elliptical and also work on my arms and my back. Scratch that! I did go do the elliptical for 30 min, after I was done with that my back hurt so bad! like I worked out my back like cray! The last 10 mins were so horrible! So after that I had to sit for a min. I was dripping sweat like crazy! after that I didn't really want to lift. So I did the stairs for 5 min. If you have ever done the stair machine at the gym.. it's so freaking hard it so ridiculous! 5 min. doesn't seem like a long time but it was.

I did realize at the gym that I definitely have to work my way back up to where I was, and it definitely won't be easy. That is a little hard for me, because I threw all my hard work that I put in when i was running. But you can't dwell on the past! Right? So all I do is move forward and don't look back!

I didn't know if I wanted to log my food on here. I think it would be kind of boring. So I decided to do it once in a while. I think that if people to start to follow this, it would be helpful to see what I am eating and also the progress that I am making. I also think it would help people get some ideas as well do here is my food log from wed Oct. 21, 2009

Breakfast:

Yogurt (light)
String Cheese (light)
Fiber One Bar
Banana
2 Hard Boiled Eggs

Lunch:

Lean Cuisine BBQ Chicken Pizza
1 Cup of Grapes

Dinner:

Subway Foot long Club
(very little mayo)

Snacks throughout the day:

Yogurt (light)
Apples

That might sound like alot, with the foot long sub. I do count Weight Watcher Points. And with all my food and my exercise I actually had 2 points to spare. So not to bad.

When I first joined Weight Watchers I started to count my points, and i realized that I had a ton of points and I wouldn't even come close to using all of them! I stopped counting points because of that. Now I started counting points again. I realized I come alot closer to my points than I use to. I think I was counting wrong and not focusing on portion sizes. Now I am a Counting Fool! I have the Weight Watcher Queens Helping me out (Heidi, Ana)...Whenever I need a point value.... There they are!!!

I'm not Usually a big quote guy.... but I have been trying new things to motivate me... here are some quotes I find useful...

"You get whatever you settle for."

"One definition of insanity is: Doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result. "

"If you didn't need a pill to get fat, why would you need one to get unfat? "

"If you want what you do not have, you must do what you have not done"

"Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down..."

I am going to the gym tonight! I will post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment